Our Financials

financials banner

USC Canada is committed to transparency in and accountability for the financial management of funds entrusted to us. We are members of and adhere to the ethical standards of both the Canadian Council for International Cooperation and Imagine Canada, and meet all of the requirements and expectations of the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency.

Our major international program, Seeds of Survival, is funded in part by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), a department of the Government of Canada. GAC contributes approximately 72.5 per cent of the total costs of the program. The remaining 27.5 per cent must be fundraised by USC Canada from Canadian sources.

Other programs of USC Canada, including The Bauta Family Initiative on Canadian Seed Security, Sow and Save, Seedmap.org and smaller international projects are funded in part through charitable contributions of Canadians and other partner organizations and foundations.

In 2015-2016, approximately 43 per cent of USC Canada revenues came from GAC.

USC Canada also benefits from the legacy gifts of countless Canadians who have been inspired by our work, and by our founder, Lotta Hitschmanova. Bequests and legacy gifts left to USC Canada (or our former name, the Unitarian Service Committee of Canada) have been consolidated in the USC Foundation, which contributes income annually to USC Canada.

More information about our finances can be found in the charts below, and in the numerous links on this page.

Financial Highlights 2015-16

USC-Canada-financial-highlights-2015-16

Audited Financial Statements

USC Canada Financial Statements

USC Foundation Financial Statements

2016 2016
2015 2015
2014 2014
2013 2013
2012 2012
2011 2011
2010 2010

See also:

If you have any questions about our financial information, please contact our Executive Director, Martin Settle.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Phone: 613.234.6827 or 1.800.565.6827 ext. 236

USC Canada would like to specifically acknowledge the crucial ongoing support of:

Read 12581 times Last modified on Tuesday, 11 July 2017 19:53
More in this category: « Archived Annual Reports

LottaHitschmanova tbnWhat's in a Name?

We’re called USC Canada because we started out way back in 1945 as the Unitarian Service Committee, founded by the energetic Dr. Lotta Hitschmanova. We’re still planting the seeds that Lotta sowed. Find out more about our founder, Dr. Lotta Hitschmanova.

Newsletter

CONTACT US

We would be happy to hear from you.
  • Phone: 1-800-565-6872

USC Canada is a Registered Canadian Charity 11927-6129-RR-0001

Connect with us

We're on Social Networks. Follow us & get in touch.
Share Share Share Share Share Share
You are here: Home About us Our Financials